GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME
Following a tender process we have chosen George Burrows as our insurance broker until 2017 and have improved the Group Insurance benefits. This reﬂects our wish that the scheme should continue to provide quality beneﬁts and value to our members. George Burrows have been a personal protection provider for over 50 years and some of the benefits of the scheme are detailed below. Pease download the policy document for more information.
- RAC UK and European Motor Breakdown cover. Full cover for you and your partner in any vehicle. This will enable members to cancel more expensive breakdown policies which could result in considerable savings.
- Travel Insurance is 60 days per trip.
- Best Doctors Scheme Family Cover.
- Care First Counselling service.
- Accident & Sickness scheme benefits:-
- Unsocial hours beneﬁt — to compensate you for each scheduled unsocial hour lost through sickness (2 week excess).
- Knife & Gun assault — if subject to an assault involving a weapon resulting in injury and sickness absence, £1,500 Gun assault or £750 knife assault.
- HIV & Hepatitis B beneﬁt - If you are unfortunate enough to contract either of these as a result of operational duties, a beneﬁt of £40,000 can be claimed.
- Temporary Total Disablement beneﬁt of £35 a week extended to cover Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Planned hospitalisation beneﬁt of £25 a night for a maximum of 30 nights, Accident/Emergency hospitalisation £40 a night.
- Legal Expenses Cover up to £100,000.
- Mobile Phone/Gadget Insurance.
- Home Emergency Assistance.
In order to be a member of the Group Insurance Scheme you must be a subscribing member of the Police Federation, or a subscriber at the time of your promotion beyond Chief Inspector. If you would like to join the scheme please contact our office on 01275 878854 and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements.
The availiability of documents through this website in no way confers or confirms to you your eligibility to claim under its cover. You should not assume that you are covered under this, or any other area of the Group Insurance Scheme through your membership of Avon and Somerset Police Federation. You are only eligible under this policy if you are a subscribing member of Avon and Somerset Police Federation Group Insurance Scheme. If in doubt check your status under the scheme by calling Federation staff on 01278 647085.
|Summary Of Cover
Insurance Summary Of Cover
Gadget Policy Summary
Please note this is one booklet that covers both serving and retired officers. Refer to the the sections that refer to your level of cover which are clearly marked.
Travel Summary 2016-2017
Registration Form Serving
Registration Form Retired
|RAC European Breakdown Cover|
European Breakdown Facts
European Breakdown Policy
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you keep your beneficiary details up to date as your circumstances change.
| Home Emergency Cover
Home Emergency Policy
Other Forms/Policy Details
Personal Accident/Injury (PAI) Claim
Court Award Compensation Claim
Sickness Half Pay Claim
Emergency Dental Claim
Emergency Hospital Stay Claim
Planned Hospital Stay Claim
Unsocial Hours Claim Form
Weapons/Assault Claim Form
ARC Legal Assistance Details